The cottages are is located near Glendale (click on link for location map) on the Duirnish peninsular of North West Skye. It’s a fantastic base to enjoy the outdoors and visit some of the many famous viewpoints and walks that the island has to offer.
The following places are ideal trips to enjoy during your stay at the cottages:
- Enjoy a picnic at The Coral Beaches – Claigan, visit Dunvegan Castle on the way.
- Take a walk to Neist Point lighthouse, just a few miles away from both cottages.
- Visit the The Fairy Pools, near Talisker Distillery – Carbost, then enjoy a walk to Talisker Beach. Pick up some fresh seafood for dinner on the way home.
- Head over to Waternish, enjoy lunch at the Stein Inn, take in a boat trip then pay a wee visit to Skye Skyns
- Explore Glendale Watermill.
- Look out for seals, whales, dolphins, otters and other wildlife at Loch Pooltiel & Meanish Pier.
- Enjoy the magnificent MacLeod’s Tables and breathtaking Cuillins.
- Check out all the Local Arts & Crafts.
Check out The Skye Guide for more info on the local area.
Both cottages are only about 10 minutes’ drive from the famous Three Chimneys Restaurant. The village of Dunvegan is approximately 8 miles away (20 minutes by car) and home to another great eating establishment – The Old School Restaurant (Local Taxi available).
Other local facilities include the Glendale Post Office, Lephin, just a few minutes drive away. This has a well stocked shop and is open 6 days a week (closed on Sundays). The village of Dunvegan also has a good shopping facility and a petrol station.
A great feature about Skye is the availability of fresh croft produce. Suppliers of fruit and vegetables, and free range eggs, are within walking distance of each cottage. Fresh locally caught seafood is also available nearby.
Portree, the Island’s capital, is some 32 miles away and has all the services and facilities you would expect of a town including supermarket, cinema, good range of shops, hotels, bars and restaurants.